Sunday, July 22, 2007

Africa


I realized I never posted what I wrote inside the photo album I have about our trip to Africa. Africa is a place that you never forget. We all think about it everyday.

Africa
It was a gift like none I had ever been given.
A gift to travel to Africa on Safari with my family.
The trip of a lifetime we called it.
We waited and counted the days down till it was time,
Time to travel half way around the world to Africa.
We dreamed of what we would see and who we would meet.
The world is large.
God’s creation is indeed so great.
We saw sunrise and sunset each day.
We drove and drove to meet the animals God created.
We watched and observed them in their own habitat, not in a zoo but in huge open spaces.
We tasted the food of Africa with it fragrant flavors.
We met the people of Africa with their smiles so warm and inviting.
We heard their music and their voices in song.
We celebrated birthdays and anniversaries.
I laughed and I cried.
I laughed of happiness and in celebration.
I cried in sadness of a world my parents would never see.
I marveled at the size of Africa, and we saw only a small part.
We were welcomed into their homes and I saw poverty like I have never seen.
We met their school children and I was sorry I had nothing but Kleenex to give them.
We traveled far to celebrate a great man’s 75th Birthday.
It was like no party I have ever been to.
We will return one day to Africa, we must.
I will hear their voices and see their faces.
I will close my eyes and see the animals so beautiful and strong.
It was the trip of a lifetime.
It left us with memories we will carry the rest of our lives.
I wish for everyone to go there and see the marvels I have seen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home