Monday, July 16, 2007

Thinking about my Daddy


This feels like it is going to be a hard week. On Sunday it will be one year since my daddy died. I think of him everyday but these past couple of days I think of him all day. I have learned you can't ask why? I miss him so much. He was my touch stone, my rock, my hero. My dad was always right, he was larger than life. He had certain sayings, "sheer volume", "you can't get there from here", "cockymon", "you be's bad, you get a lickin". He loved us and we loved him. I never wanted to imagine my life without him and now I know why. For 28 years I missed my mother, but it is now my father I miss. I had him longer, I know what I am missing. This year has gone quickly. So much has happened. This was truely a year of change and of loss. I lost more than just my father this year...
I can still hear his voice and I have drempt about him many times. I can still feel his arms and his hugs. Life does go on, but it is different now. I have had the support of so many wonderful friends this past year and the love of my family.
Life goes on, wonderful things happen. There is much to look forward to. Jeff is going to become a CPA this year! I am so proud of him. Andrew will be in 3rd grade. It all continues, just without him. When you have some delicious summer fruit this summer, think of him. When you swim in a cool and refreshing pool, think of him. When you have a cheesesteak hoagie think of him. When you hear Jaque Brel, think of him. When you see my child's eyes, think of him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home