Monday, October 02, 2006

Yizkor-To Remember



Today is Yom Kippur and a day to reflect and remember. Tonight the fate of all jews are written for the next year. I spent a lot of time today remembering. I remember my mother, Marilyn Udell who died when I was only 14. I remember her smile, her love of life, her laughter, her hands, her eyes and that she was here and made a difference in my life. I remember my Nanny, Anna Topper and all the fun we had and how hard she worked and how much she loved us. I remember my grandfather Sam Topper and what a wonderful cook he was and how he called me Princess. I remember my dear Aunt Paula and how brave she was battling cancer and how much she loved my son Andrew and that she gave me the greatest gift of all, a future that would not include ovarian cancer. But most of all today I remember for the first time on Yom Kippur I remember my daddy, Marvin Udell. I can hardly believe it has been over 2 months already. I miss him everyday. I will miss him for the rest of my life. I remember how good and kind he was. What a loving husband and father and Poppy he was. I remember his hands, his arms, his smell, his laugh, his eyes. I remember my father and can hardly believe he is gone.

We fast on Yom Kippur to make you more aware of your surroundings and of G-d. I pray for my family and for a healthy and happy year for everyone. I pray for Isreal and all it people. I pray for our country and those serving our country. I pray for peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home