Friday, September 21, 2007

Yom Kippur- Remembering and looking forward


Tonight is Kol Nidre, the beginning of the most holy day of Yom Kippur for all Jews. Tonight I will light Memorial candles for those I have loved and lost. I remember my beloved mother, Marilyn, my beloved father, Marvin, my Nanny, Anna, my Grandfather, Sam, my Aunt, Paula and I light one candle for the 6,000,0000 million jews who died during the Holocaust. At sundown a 24 hour fast begins and tomorrow prayer and atonment. I always take the opportunity to remember on Yom Kippur, remember those I have lost. I look forward to a New Year. You forgive during the days between Rosh Hashana and Yom Kippur and I have done that. It is a time of peace.
It is ok to remember those you have loved and lost it is part of life. Sometimes you can lose people from your life who are still alive. It is all a passage.
To every [thing there is] a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: 3:2 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up [that which is] planted; 3:3 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; 3:4 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; 3:5 A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; 3:6 A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away; 3:7 A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak; 3:8 A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.
I remember, the good, the bad, the sweet, the very sad, the joy, the dispare. I remember. I wish everyone an easy fast and a Happy and Healthy New Year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home