Sunday, September 09, 2007

SDV-What an awesome weekend






Well, I am back. Every year I look forward to the SDV (Scrapbook Dream Vacation). It is a weekend away at Disney World where we get to scrap non-stop for days and hang with girlfriends. This year I went with Amy, Gail, Karen, Candy, Megan, Kim and Nikki. We had such an amazing time. On Friday we all wore our "Feel Your Boobies" T-Shirts to support Breast Cancer research. A fellow Alum from Ithaca College started the non profit www.feelyourboobies.com after she discovered she had breast cancer in her 30's. We will get to wear our new shirts at the Pink Crop at K2 in a couple of weeks.
We did it all this weekend. On Wednesday when we arrived we got upgraded to a room in the main building in the Contemporary Hotel. I have always wanted to stay at that hotel in the main building where the monorail runs thru it. The rooms have all been re-done and they are really nice now. We had dinner on the top floor at the California Grill on Wednesday and it was so good. After dinner we went to the crop room and got all set up.
On Thursday we were in the crop room nice and early and enjoyed a full day of scrapbooking. Megan worked on this beautiful clear album that she will be teaching a class on soon at K2. It really rocked.
On Friday I had only completed 2 pages before I had to take a nap at 4-6:30 pm so I could stay up and crop on Friday night. Friday night Kim, Nikki and I had the best time doing a round robin. We each started our own layout and got to work on it for 10 minutes and then we had to pass it on to the next person who worked on it for 10 minutes. I'll have to take pictures of the layouts we did, they turned out so great. After we finished the round robin, we decided to pass the layouts again, except this time we scraplifted eachother.
On Saturday, Megan joined in on the fun and we did it 2 more time. I had two 20 min massages and 1 20 min reflexology, completed 28 pages (12x12) and a handful of 9x9 pages in the Africa Album and had the best time. Thanks girls.
On Saturday after dinner we went over the Beach Club to have the Kitchen Sink sundae at their Ice Cream Palor. The photos are on Nikki's camera and I can't wait to see them.
I got home before 3 and unpacked almost everything. I put my new pages in my scrapbook and then took a nap. I am off to bed now to read my new Scrapbook Play magazine!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home