Saturday, June 14, 2008

Love




So many thoughts. Tomorrow is Fathers Day. A happy day for my husband and my son. A sad day for Shari, Jon and me. This will be my second fathers day without my dad. Three years ago I celebrated Fathers Day with my father in NJ. Later that night he went to the hospital and I begged G-d not to take him, I wasn't ready, it wasn't his time yet. A year later a couple of days before Fathers Day I was in NJ with my dad and saw him for the last time. G-d had given us one more year. When someone you love dies there was never enough time to have them. You always want one more day, one more week, one more year. I will remember my dad tomorrow as I remember him every day. He was my hero & my strenghth. He gave me so many gifts...the joy of classical music and reading, the gift of my education, my religion, my memories. He was so strong and so smart. He was a father, a husband, a poppy, a friend, a dentist. He was my dad. Happy Fathers Day, Daddy, I love you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home