Saturday, November 17, 2007

Thanksgiving Recipe #2-Baked French Toast



I can hardly believe I am heading up to NJ with Andrew in only 3 days for Thanksgiving. Jeff is staying home to study for part 4 of the CPA exam. I am bringing some of my special thanksgiving recipes to share with my family and one of them is Baked French toast for Thanksgiving morning.

1 Challah, sliced
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
½ cup butter
1 cup light brown sugar, packed
5 eggs
1 ½ cups milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
¼ teaspoon salt

Combine, corn syrup, butter and brown sugar. Simmer until thick syrup.

Beat together, eggs, milk, vanilla and salt.

Pour syrup in bottom of buttered 9x13 dish.

Top with sliced Challah. Pour egg mixture over bread. Cover and refrig. Overnight. Bake uncovered 350 for 45 min.

Serve hot or warm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home